Thursday, February 13, 2014

Restless: Because You Were Made For More



Whew!!! Hands down one of the best books I've EVER read. This was my first Jennie Allen book and it definitely will not be my last. This book covered way more than I thought it would be about and I am so glad I stuck through it beyond the first few chapters.

This is a VERY interactive book. Jennie Allen encourages you to journal your way through the book or use the book itself. I wrote in the margins and on the journal pages. I love that it really made me think and really consider that what I fear failure in doing is just exactly what I am called to do. She also reminds me, as a wife and mother, that there is nothing insignificant about staying home and caring for my family. This is just one thread of my life. Jennie Allen taps into the threads of our lives, she encourages us to see the threads of our lives and then to connect those threads to our passions (there are journal pages for this). 

One thing that Jennie encourages that has been hard for me is to step outside of my circle, outside of my little box to meet new people to share God with people. Dear Lord do I fear doing such a thing. BUT I want to. I want to share God with people who have no relationship with HIM. I want to reach the lost souls in need of God's love and grace. So I've got to get past me, so that I can reach them

I also learned that its okay to dream. It's okay to want to fill the restlessness. It means that we have something else we should be doing. So my job is to take my threads and allow God to make something absolutely wonderful of them, and them run with them. Run with reckless abandonment of sharing the gospel for God's glory and my joy to see light in dark eyes.

I am so looking forward to reading other Jennie Allen books, particularly Anything (she also has two published bible studies, Stuck & Chase)


So are you restless? Do you feel like there's something else you should be doing? What's your passion? What lights a fire in you? Write it down and see how what you have a passion for can be used to share God with others. And run with it.

~Kris

(p.s. I got this book from the publisher, Thomas Nelson, to give my HONEST review on.)
You can find this book for $12 on Christianbook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...