Monday, January 1, 2018

Creating a Vision Board

I see a vision board like a vision goal list. It lists the things I want to do, the things I entrust to God's capable hands. My expectations are that IF what I want to do is in God's will for me then it will happen and if it is not is God's will for me then that's perfectly fine as well. As my main goal is to be in the centre of God's will for my life, not my will or anyone else's but GOD's will. 

There are some negative connotations to the vision board and that often stems from 'The Secret' which follows the thinking that you can compel the universe to do what you want by simply visualizing it and that's not quite how it works. 

There are some things you need in order to create your vision board. First, think of the things in life you want to accomplish and entrust them to God's hand. Second, write them down (make the vision plain). Third, gather your supplies: poster board, magazines, markers, tape/glue/stapler. And lastly, create. You decide how you want to put everything up, do you have an organized way you want to put it up or perhaps you're adding as you go. There is no right or wrong way as long as it makes sense to you. Cut out photos and inspirational phrases that match your goals. Even add a prayer or two that you can pray over your goals and your tribe (your family/friends).

Check out mine below:


So this year I decided to do something I have not done in several years. Create a vision board and intentionally create goals (something I have not ever really done) for things I want to do in the future. It's nothing fancy or from Pinterest.

As you can see above, My vision board is not very large and has quite a few inspirational quotes and bible verses on it. But then there are the things I want to accomplish this year, such as ongoing on a cruise with my husband and children for our summer vacation this year. I also want to accomplish creating a stream of revenue for my family. One that is totally home-based so that after I have baby #5 this Spring I can be okay with staying home with him/her (we don't know the gender yet).

Also, you'll see my WORDs for this year: THRIVE, ENGAGE, and JOY. Most people usually stick to one word that they choose to emphasize in their life over the coming year. However, for me, I need these 3 words as they are very intentional and are related to one another. Apart of thriving and being engaged is to choose joy. I choose to be joyful in all things, no matter the circumstances and not to stress when I have a Savior who bears my burdens and offers me a lighter load of simply trusting Him.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...