Tuesday, August 2, 2016

An Unexplainable Life

So I received a new bible study in the mail. An Unexplainable Life by Erica Wiggenhorn
The author describes the purpose of the study as: 
"The purpose of this study isn’t simply to reiterate a message. (You can find many studies on Acts.) Our purpose is to reignite a movement of the power of the Holy Spirit in each of us individually and in our churches collectively." 

My impression of the study is that it is fairly in depth. It only covers the first 12 chapters of Acts, which is about 28 chapters long. Yet the study is 10 weeks long. There is quite a bit of author commentary in this bible study, including short stories from the author's life and background pieces relating to the reading. Each day's worth of the study is about 4 pages long. 

I haven't had the chance to finish the entire study. I won't be done until about mid-October however I did want to comply with getting the review of the study done. 

From what I have done, I believe this study has the ability to spark a move of the Holy Spirit. However I think that depends on the engagement of the person doing the study and prayer prior to sitting down with the study each week.

I personally notice that I feel that spark of the Holy Spirit when I spend time just praising Him for who He is and pray asking the Holy Spirit to show up in my study time. I also think that bible study is a necessary in life, it helps us to understand who God is and learn His character.

Front of the book.

This is the table of contents, so you can get an idea of the topic for each week of the study.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...