Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Learning the Bible

I think for a child, learning the bible is one of the most important things we can teach them, behind learning to pray and having a relationship with God.

As a parent, I have been looking for an easy way to help my children learn the bible as we work with them on prayer and communing with God. I let them see me during my quiet time so that they can see what communion with God looks like (for me, as it may look different for them).


This book is awesome!!!! I mean, there are 52 passages in the book and it takes children on a five day journey to understanding and memorizing each one. The first one was John 3:16. After 5 days my children did not fully memorize the verse but they did understand the verse. I am satisfied with at least that much.

As a parent, I would definitely recommend this to other parents of children. How many of us struggle with teaching Scripture to our children? I know I do. Especially with thinking up ways to help them retain the verse and its meaning.

Honestly I wish they made a version of this book for adults! 
And guess what?? They do! It's called the Joshua Code, published by Thomas Nelson. It is definitely on my list of books to purchase soon.
Even more so, this book is super affordable, $12 on Christianbook.com!

Bible teaching mamas unite! lol!



{FYI: As a awesome perk for giving my honest review of this book, I received a copy to keep for my own bambinos!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...