Friday, January 10, 2014

When Mama Gets Angry

What happens when mama gets angry? 
Are you a quiet angry person, choosing to shut yourself off?
Are you a loud angry person, yelling and screaming?

I think at some point everyone has acted out in anger. Is it right? No. But are we humans and do we fall short of the Lord's glory? Yes.

As a mom, I see myself upset quite a bit. Usually it is over a behavior that is not tolerated in our household. 
Ephesians 4:26 says " In your anger do not sin”[a]: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry,"

I think this is so hard to do. Why? Because when we are angry, our flesh wants to exhibit and show that anger. At times its almost as if, if we don't express our anger, we're not really angry at the situation or action.
It's even conflicting for us  because we have Scripture to tell us to do the exact opposite of what our flesh wants to do.
So what are we to do?
Pray. 
In 2 Corinthians 12:9 Paul tells us " But he (the Lord) said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
Each day I pray thank YOU Lord for your grace. Because His Grace is what gets me through each day. And His mercy forgives my sins when I fall short of His glory.

Mamas don't beat yourself up when you fall short. 
Get on your knees. For the Lord said His grace is sufficient for you, for His power is made perfect in weakness. It is when we confess that we are weak and in need of His grace that it truly works in our lives. Helping us to become better mamas to the babies He has blessed us with.

So mama, each morning ask God for His grace for your day and each night thank Him for His grace and mercy. Confess where you have fallen short at and leave it at His feet.

God loves you more than you will ever know, more than you can ever comprehend.

~Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...