Friday, September 27, 2013

What's an Integrated Bible?

So recently, I got a new Bible, the NIV Integrated Study Bible, in the mail. At first I was a little skeptical because it is in complete chronological order. So if a part of a book happens during the same time as another part of the Bible, then the parts are put in order based on a timeline. 

 


I will admit, initially it was VERY confusing because I was studying on marriage and the role of wives (something I tend to do, because I have a weakness on the topic). Literally I had much of the Gospel side by side because (of course) the books occur concurrently. But then when I got to books like Ephesians & Colossians, it got really confusing because not only were similar text on the same page, you would see it occur several times as it happens with each book. 

So overall, I now enjoy the Bible because it does indeed make studying a lot easier (as far as wanting Scripture on the same or similar topic). I will say, have patience to actually look for things especially if you don't know the exact chronological order of the Old Testament (like myself, lol).

Initially I asked myself what an Integrated Bible would be like and I can now say that its quite awesome. I use it for all of my studying. Believe it or not, I actually use it more than my Life Applications Study Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...