Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Faith, Love, Grace, and Prayer

Last night I was thinking a bit before bed. And I thought about the different things I've experienced in the last few years of life and marriage and some of the things I've learned. I've also realized that I wish I had a Titus 2 wife around, you know:

Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine,but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.  (Titus 2:3-5)

I know that at some point in life I want to be a Titus 2 wife, a woman who sees everything she's been through in life and seeks to help women younger than her maybe even some who are the same age as her but at a place in life that she's already experienced.

As a wife one of the best things I can tell you to do is to be a praying woman! That is a must. Pray consistently over your husband, your children, your home, your finances, and everything else. Pray over any and everything that you have no control over situations and circumstances included. God is a mighty God, nothing is too big or too little for Him.

As a wife as you pray over the people and circumstances around you, remember to pray for yourself. When we pray for ourselves it is not selfish as it helps us to become more godly women. Daily I ask God to guide me because I cannot do it alone. There are days in which I get frustrated about things I have no control over and must surrender my frustration to God and trust Him to take care of it all. 

I personally love the list of prayers that Alisha over at Flourish has created. There is one for your husband, one for your children, and one for your home-school. I love these because you can print them (laminate or place in a page protector , use them, and they cover all areas. 

Then there is Unveiled Wife where there are wife prayers of the day. I love these because they are useful for women in specific.

There will be times in which you do NOT want to pray, when you are angry or frustrated. You will want to vent to another person, post on facebook or twitter. And I encourage you NOT to that. I encourage you to seek out God, even if its just venting to the Lord. He already knows your heart, so you verbally expressing your anguish is you trusting the Lord to be the Lord of your life.
 {whew! This is ministering to my own soul right now. As today is one of those days for me, in which there are circumstances beyond my control and I must remember to let them go and trust God.}

I encourage you to be women of faith. Women who want to embody everything good and pleasing to the Lord. Be patient. With your husband, be patient and gracious. With your children, be patient (and patient some more) and extend grace, as much as needed. With circumstances and situations, be patient and exert self control.


Now I am going to get off this computer and call it a day. Have a blessed day.
Today's words: faith, love, grace, prayer.

Love to you all.
Kris Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...