Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving and family

        Whew! So Thanksgiving has past. Sorry I have not blogged during that time. My mom and future step dad came to visit from Chicago and we hadn't seen them in 5 months (well 9 months for my husband since he had to work while I was in Chicago back in June). One thing I can say is that I am thankful for my family. My husband, my children, my mom and her fiancee. I am so thankful for each of them and what each of them adds to my life.
        One thing I have realized during this last week is that family is so important, it doesn't matter where you are as long as you're together you will have a good time and create new memories.

        I also realized that my husband truly is my best friend and truly does have my back. Like many couples we have those  rough days. We are NOT perfect nor exempt from marital woes. However I realize that it has not been us keeping our marriage together but GOD. He has always made us see the big picture and to realize that what we do does not just affect us but it directly affects our children.

      Let me be completely honest with you all.... I am not the perfect wife. I am not always the quiet spirited submissive wife that I should be. I do try to be the best wife and mother that I can be. Do I stumble at times? Yes. I am not always at my best. There are times when I am down right rude and irritable. There are other times when I am frustrated and in need of some quiet mommy time, devoid of children. So don't read my blog and assume that I always get it right because I don't. There are times when my marriage itself gets questioned (and those are the times that God just shows up and shows out reminding us of why He brought us together). In Christ, in my walk with Him, I am not always 100% faithful, am I trying though? Yes. There are times when I am in need of encouragement because I know our calling and I am wondering when are we going to get there. 

   I'll stop here because I could go on and on, literally. Instead of complaining or getting upset I have to remember to pray and let God work on the things that I cannot not do anything about. I just wanted to share a little bit more of me with you so that you all can have a more transparent view of who I am. I write well and most times I know better. But as I am sure you know, there's a difference between knowing better and always doing better.

~Love to you all
Kris Bush

  
This is my family, my husband and our two children. This is my mirror they show me who I really am. I am so thankful for them, my loves.

 
This is me with our youngest when he was about 4 months old. {My first time meeting my mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law in person}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...