Saturday, November 10, 2012

For the ladies

          When I was single I wanted a certain life. I wanted a family. I wanted a husband who would love me, nourishing and cherishing me. I wanted a leader, someone who wouldn't allow me to run him. Yes, I really wanted that because I know marriage is for life and I need a challenge.
          But even more so I was a mess. I didn't start getting my life together until literally a month or so before I got married. It had nothing to do with my husband and everything to do with me and what I wanted. Heck, I didn't even know my husband beyond speaking in public {you know, hi and bye} until 2 1/2 weeks before we got married!
         
          So I want to encourage a lot of young women who still out there dating. First off, get to know God and get in touch with yourself. How can you know what you want if you don't know Him who created you? Every time I'm on Facebook I read about a some dude who's done some girl wrong and now she's angry. And I want to ask her what did you expect? If he wasn't looking to be married and making himself ready to be a husband, guess what? She was his temporary play thing...apart of sowing his wild oats and unnecessary soul ties.

          This is something young women need to understand. Ask a young man what is it he wants from you. Where is the relationship going? The answers to these questions will help you know what your next move will be. If he can't tell you where he's leading you then trust and believe he's leading you into sin and you will be his temporary fix until he desires something else. A man who knows what he wants has no qualms about answering these questions. He understands that as the man in the relationship he sets the tone and its his job to lead. A man of God will lead you to God. And will not hesitate to tell you if he's ready for a relationship or not.

        Young women do not base your happiness on situations and circumstances. "Oh I'll just be happy if I could have a successful relationship." FAIL. You be joyful because you have GOD and because He prevails over any and all things. You be happy because of your relationship with God. If you don't have a relationship with God I suggest you get one. Not trying to sound cliche' but until you have that foundational relationship with God there will always be some void, some hole in your life you will be trying to fulfill.

        Focus on God. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. (Matthew 6:33) Put your time and energy into God and let the background details of your life be fulfilled by Him. Allow Him to lead you in any and all situations.

Love to you.
~Kris Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...