Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Election night....aftermath

           In the wake of the reelection of President Obama, I go on Twitter and see the ugliness that has reared its its ugly head among supporters of President Obama and Mitt Romney.

           The first thing I notice, well at least on my timeline is the ugliness that is being spewed from self proclaimed Christians. They're angry because (1) Romney lost and (2) they believe Obama stands for abortion and gay marriage.

           The second thing I think about is that, if you are a self proclaimed Christian who are you to judge anyone or put anyone down for their beliefs, regardless to how different they are from yours?

           Last night I watched and read. And I noticed people had two main complaints that Obama's Administration was not against gay marriage and advocated women's rights which includes the right to have an abortion. Then I posed this question: Is the prohibition of gay marriage and abortion all that matters in choosing a president?

           I think not. I think it's more than that. And even more than that, what about LOVE. How can you dismiss love? I read God's Word and I see something that stands out to me, God wants our hearts. He wants us to be obedient because we love Him not because it is "the law." He has said himself obedience is more important than sacrifice. In other words you can outwardly do the "right" things but if your heart does not reflect it then it is does not matter! 

            People say prohibit gay marriage and abortion. I say let people be! There are hordes of people who do not believe in God, who do not know Him. So no we cannot insist our belief on an entire nation. We are not Old Testament Israel in which that would have been acceptable. When you love, you do NOT insist on your own way but look out for the interest of the next person. ALL of this can be so SIMPLE: if you do not condone gay marriage, don't turn gay and get married; you don't condone abortion don't have one! Simple other than that, say your PEACE and shake the dust from your feet.


My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways. (Proverbs 23:26)

If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town. (Matthew 10:14)

 Last night I made it clear: 

Christ himself is a gentleman, meaning He won't force Himself on anyone. You and me included. He will however love us in spite of. Matthew 10:14 makes this very clear. Jesus told them speak the gospel (not force the gospel) and if they do not welcome it, shake the dust off your feet and keep it moving!

Yes I love the Lord. And I want everyone's love and obedience to Him to be voluntary! Not just doing it because it's the law! How much more richer our obedience to the Lord when its done out of love and sheer reverence for Him? Not because we were badgered by other Christians. Not because we are forced to by law but because we WANT to. It's makes all the difference

Please remember this, remember the above scriptures next time you think about insisting on Christ. No speak of Christ's love and demonstrate His love. Demonstrate how wonderful He is your behavior. We are earthly representations of HIM. Represent Him well. Don't make Him out to be a bully because you cannot control your feelings!

I want you all to come to know God and love Him like do. Actually I want you to know Him better than I do because even I have slip ups. I just thank God for grace and mercy to carry me through and the courage stand up and keep it moving.

Love to you all
Kris Bush


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...