Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Life Interrupted

This life we live is not really ours however we are given the freedom of choice to decide what we want to do with it anyways.
I'm sure by now you can tell that I am a follower of Christ. I am not perfect, I don't have it all together and I probably never will. I am OK with saying I am dependent on Jesus Christ. 
His strength is made perfect in my weakness, and I am learning to be OK being weak at times, Jesus makes up for me. 

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
 (2 Corinthians 12:9)

With Jesus we can have life abundantly. We can have forgiveness of our sins. But one thing I can guarantee you is that He will NOT leave you the same way you came to Him.
When you invite Jesus in your life and accept Him as your Lord and Savior, He will interfere with your life.
There WILL be some things in your life that He does NOT approve of and will make sure you know what they are. YOU then have the choice to either heed His warning and let Him mold you into the person He created you to be or continue to "march to the beat of your own drum."
Jesus always issued the command, follow me. It was never can you follow me, in a question form BUT follow me as a command.
When you follow Jesus you are doing as He says do, living the way HE and the Father has set forth. You are putting His good and perfect will above your own ambitions.

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. (Matthew 16:24)
"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." 
(Matthew 4:19)

When Jesus came upon the disabled, He changed them. Their faith in Him changed them.
You want better? Entrust your ALL in Him. 
You want better? Put the Lord's kingdom and will before your own. Be all about God's desires THEN the Lord will grant you yours.

When you live WHOLEHEARTEDLY for Christ. Your life gets interrupted. When you say Lord give me Your desires so that I may want the things you want for me. You WILL change, what you want WILL change.

 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:2)

^^^
This is how we are to live once we decide to follow Christ. We are to no longer live like the rest of the world. The outside can't change until the inside changes. You can't change your behavior until you change the way you think. When you are touched by Jesus, you WILL change. The way you think will change. The way you act will change. And the change will be genuine. You won't care what others say because you know it ONLY matters what the Lord says.



Love to you all,
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...