Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Whoa, who are you?

May I ask who are you? 

What would your response be? Would you tell me what you do for a living? Would you tell me the things you have acquired? Or would you simply state your name?

If you ask me who am I, my response would be Kris Bush, a servant of God. Yes I am a wife and mom, however outside of my family I am still Kris, a servant of God. And that's what everything boils down to. Do you or do you not serve Christ?


"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." (Matthew 6:24)"So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth." (Revelations 3:16)


Never will you be able to serve the Lord and still play in this world, playing in Satan's playpen. It will always be either or. I personally used to be one of those people who abhorred ultimatums. And to a certain extent I still do however I've come to realize that with God, IT IS an ultimatum. You do have the option to serve God on Sunday and Wednesday then every other day serve Satan's purpose. At that point you are lukewarm and probably will not be taken seriously. People that behave as such, I refer to as pretenders. 

Don't pretend with yourself because God knows the truth. He knows very well if you intend to serve him with your life or if you're just giving lip service. He knows very well if you are just attending church to say you went, or if you going to be fed & become a new creation in Christ. God knows this without you ever opening your mouth.

So take the time to read, so you know that HE searches the heart and determines all motives. Take the time to read and know that HE is a jealous God and will not tolerate you placing others before Him. Know that HE loves you! God loves you so very much. And that love is a parental love, one in which He will watch you make mistakes, he will send warning though. And God being the ultimate parent, he won't force you to obey and submit to Him, however He will still love you.

Remember the above verses and you seek out your dreams, seek out your careers. See to it that you place God above it ALL. Build a relationship with the Lord that will endure through the good, the bad, and the ugly.

The Lord be with you.
~Kris Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...