Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Words

Everything that comes forth from your mouth whether it be vocally or via posts/statuses will be tested especially if they are not true. <<--- This was told to me. Granted I knew this however I'd always thought that if you want things to be so, speak them into existence so that they will become so.
So I may not feel this way however I am speaking against those feelings and calling better feelings into existence (ex.).
I say this because many of us have to realize the two-part fold. Once you speak something into existence that does not exist (better feelings, better relations) you will be tested to see if you will really uphold what you spoke. To see if you are truly committed to bringing forth it into existence.

Life is about accountability. Are you accountable for your actions? Are you accountable for your feelings? I ask these two questions because people in general are good for seeing the flaws and faults in another but rarely do they look in the mirror and point our the flaws in themselves that is visible to everyone else. We as people are good for not taking excuses or reasons for another's behavior however we expect our excuses and reasons to be taken at face value. Your feelings can play such dirty tricks on you! Have you feeling like you are unloved or unworthy when you are BOTH. Your feelings will have you so up and down till its not funny. I know this first hand and I am currently working to reign in those feelings so that I am NOT controlled by them. I don't know about others however I don't like feeling on top of the world one day and then the next week I am in the dumps. NO! I want to live abundantly every single day!

I remember reading that every single thought we have, we need to make it stand accountable to Jesus and the Lord's standards. Make every thought and feeling we have obey Christ. I think this type of action alone could greatly improve life's quality. So that's what I've decided to do to combat these 'feelings'.

So far its been good, at times my flesh is weak and unwilling. However I must always get on the prayer line for strength and peace. Actually for ALL the fruits of the spirit. They are ALL greatly needed. And then right when I can't take the feelings, God sends me peace of mind and I can relax and think rationally.

If you struggle with your words and feelings aligning according then prayer and scripture are your cure.

Here are a few verses that are of a GREAT help to me:

Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. (2Cor. 10:5)
Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. (Ph. 4:6)
Finally brothers, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Ph. 4:8)




Peace and blessings to you
~Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...