Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I did, did I?

Marriage its not quite everything it's cracked up to be.
Granted its great always having someone to come home to. Someone you can trust and love unconditionally. However you also have to deal with that person's flaws as well as their perfections. You may love how well a person is educated, but then you realize they fall short in the organizational department. Or how wonderfully kind and generous they are. However get on their bad side and you could hear about it for weeks! Think about how much your family loves her, however when its "that time of the month" she turns into Medusa for a week.
I guess the real part of the love in the marriage is when you stay even after gnashing your teeth about something they've done that you don't like.
Sometimes you'll find yourself staring at a wall wishing you didn't then the next day you could be feeling like you're honeymooning again. Even I have those days when I question "Why did I ever get married" but then he does something amazing that has me responding..."oh yeah, that's why." Then there are the times when you feel like you could mentor anyone on the subject, and something rocks the boat and you have to question yourself again.
Some days but not many I tell myself, I didn't sign up for this. I didn't sign up to be unhappy. But then I recognize that I'm not unhappy ALL the time just some days. And as long as they don't outnumber the happy days I'm good.
Marriage has it's ins and outs...its dos and don'ts. The question you face is: Are you really and truly ready for all that it entails? Because once you say I do...may say "did I really" afterwards.

I'll never knock marriage though. Even for the people who had to call it quits for one reason or another. I applaud the ones who haven't shut love out...because isn't that the reason we say I do anyways?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...