Monday, June 27, 2016

A Woman of Excellence

As a wife, as a mom, I strive to be the best version of me that I can be. 
I know it sounds a bit cliche but its true. I have daughters and their first impression of what a woman is and should be is me. So I try my best to be that for them.

I was recently given the opportunity by Tyndale Blog Network to review Becoming a Woman of Excellence by Cynthia Heald. I have the 30th Anniversary Edition, which has some added perks that the original does not have. 



And I cannot be more satisfied with a book. First, this is not a book you simply just read through. It is a literal bible study. While it has its portions that you read, you cannot read the book without writing in it, without being involved in it. It requires that you read the bible and interpret what you read and apply what you read. This book makes you memorize scripture because when I can memorize scripture then I can pray that scripture and that scripture becomes very useful to me.

This book calls for change. For improvement to the woman that you are. As a woman, I don't want to just exist. I want to be the best. And not by this world's standards but by GOD's standards.  God's standards of excellence is far greater than anything than I could ever image. It requires me to lay down my personal desires. To die daily to my flesh, which is saying no to what I want and saying yes to what GOD wants. When I choose to become a woman of excellence, I am choosing God's Will, God's purpose, and God's best for me and my life. And that inevitably affects my husband and my children. It teaches my son the type of woman he should want in his life. It teaches my daughter the type of women to strive to be as they mature.

So is this a book that I would personally recommend? Absolutely! Actually two private Facebook groups will start this bible study next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...