Sunday, February 28, 2016

Trying Bible journaling?


So I've finally got my hands on a journaling bible, thanks to my amazing hubby!
And I must say, I love it! I got a single column ESV journaling bible (I got mine through Christianbook.com) and it is fantastic with the extra space to write in my bible. For me that writing is reflection on what I read and quick prayers. I've got the hardback edition which has the ribbon bookmark and the little stretchy band to hold it close (I have no idea what its really called, lol). Here's a little something I learned when getting mine, sometimes its OK to get a imperfectly imprinted one to save a little money. The only issue with mine is that at some point this bible was supposed to be engraved with someone's name on it and they must have changed their mind.
ESV Single Column Journaling Bible (Black)  -
(This one is exactly what I have and its on sale for $19.99 on Christianbook.com)

I also got a new devotional as well. The 365 Jesus Calling Journaling Devotional. If you've never used a journaling devotional I strongly suggest you try it. 
Talk about being able to interact with what you read?! I think as we grow in our walk with God, the more we will interact with Him. The more we will want to interact with Him. The more we will NEED to interact with Him.

Jesus Calling: A 365-Day Journaling Devotional   -     By: Sarah Young
(Also on sale for $8.49 on Christianbook.com)

I've actually been using my journaling bible along with the journaling devotional to help me get into my word more and jot down what my reflections.

Have any of you tried bible journaling? Or use a journaling bible?





{this isn't a review, I just got super excited about these bible quiet time tools!}

If you haven't noticed, the Life His Way Store is now available! As of now it contains a few mini-bible studies that I've written for you! Also if you go on Amazon and search for Kris Bush you'll find FULL bible studies and a NEW journal for those of us who are married!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...