Friday, May 29, 2015

Seeking the Lord

Too often we are caught up in what we do. What we have to do, what we have plans to do. And we forget to rest in the Lord. We forget to ask the Lord for direction.
Then when things don't quite turn out the way we planned, we get angry and shake our fists at the Lord. But it is our fault because had we turned our plans over to Him and asked His direction we may have done something different and got different results.

This morning I am reading in the book of Proverbs and a few verses jump out at me. I'll share them then we'll discuss them a bit.

Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take. (Proverbs 3:6 NLT)

For the Lord is your security.
He will keep your foot from being caught in a trap. (Proverbs 3:26 NLT)

Do you see this, I mean really see it, really understand it? The Lord is telling us clearly that if we just put our plans in His hands that He will show us the correct path to take, He show us what decision to make. And if we should be worried about the decisions we make or the paths we take, the Lord reminds us that HE is our security and HE will keep us from being caught in a trap.

Isn't that AMAZING?! 

I mean, this year alone, I have made some really bad decisions that could have destroyed my family yet the Lord has been there gently guiding (and at times not so gently) us on the right path. He has kept us from being stuck in the traps that we've gotten ourselves into. So now I am literally seeking the Lord on any & everything because I want His direction, His guidance, His protection in everything I do. I want to do the will of my Father.

And no, I am not saying I always get it right because the Lord himself knows I do not. What I am saying is that this is my desire. Thus this is what I need to do and come back to when I do mess up.


Remember this, store it up in your heart, and use it everyday.
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...