Saturday, April 25, 2015

Becoming Spiritually Strong

How many of us are spiritually weak? We have no self discipline. We don't fast. Our prayer life is nonexistent. We don't study our bible regularly. We don't take time to make ourselves known to God and to know Him. And by know I mean have a relationship with Him not just know about Him.

Kristen Feola, author of the Ultimate Daniel Fast, has done it again. She has released Spiritually Strong, a 6 week guide to building your body and soul.


As someone who has struggled with their faith, I wish I'd had this book many years ago. However I am thankful to have it now. As I am reading it, I am truly enjoying the insight and practical tips for exercising the spiritual muscles. People don't always tell you that it takes consistency (especially when you don't feel like and trust me there will be many days when you don't feel like it) to studying the bible, to building a prayer life, to being disciplined, to fast, to eat in a healthy manner, to serve others, and to practice good stewardship. I think in this day and age of society this really needed. 

Many of the people in my generation pride themselves on what they can do. On being able to buy whatever they want (and buy they do, I can't say anything I am guilty of it too). Yet many don't speak of practicing self discipline to be a good steward over your finances. I don't want to hear about the donations because those are done out of the goodness of your heart. Fasting is something that is needed to hear from God. Sometimes you need to not be plugged into this world & to be still, be quiet, and listen for the voice of the Lord. Going to church on Sunday is not enough, we need to study (not just read) your bible regularly. We need to pray daily, sometimes several times a day. Many times my prayers happen while going about my day, washing or cleaning. With three children I don't always have the luxury to be alone and pray.

I enjoy this book because Kristen takes the time to help believers (new and old) to gird themselves up. She writes on ways to become strong, on how necessary it is to study so that you can wield the Sword (the Word of God). I love this book because this is the kind of legacy I want to leave to my children.



-take rest in the Lord our God who cares for us.
Kristin


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...