Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Intentionally Focused.....week 2 sum up!

If you have been following along then you know I'm doing an 8 week study on Good Morning Girls. And we just started week 3. 

However I want to sum up week 2 as it is having a major impact. Week 2 was about becoming intentionally focused in our spiritual walk with God. 

Whew! Think about it, how easy is it to become unfocused? As we go through life, things happen and we get distracted by stuff. But last week's reading reminded me quite well that everything I am and everything I have is because of Jesus. The reason I wake up each morning is because of Jesus so His praise should always be forthcoming from my mouth.

Because your love is better than life,
    my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as long as I live,
    and in your name I will lift up my hands.
 I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;
    with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
(Psalm 63:3-5)

Another thing that I was reminded of was the importance of reading my bible every day. My bible does more than edify me and comfort me, it circumcises me. My bible is a double-edged sword and it points out those things that need to be cut off. It breaks me for what grieves the Lord. And that is one of the prime reasons to remain engrossed with the Word of God daily so that the things in us that do not look like Him can get the boot. So we can know better and do better.

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12)

In today's society we get caught up in what others are doing. We get caught up in trying to keep up with others in showing others just how "spiritual" we are but that's not what we are called to do. We are not called to only pray and go before God in front of others BUT to do so in solitude. Jesus has his time alone, away from everyone's eyes where He could sit before His Father. And we need that time away from everyone, away from even our spouses ,to just sit before Him and fellowship with Him.

Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. (Mark 1:35)

But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed. (Luke 5:16)


So now I look forward to each day to spend time before God in fellowship with Him alone, time spent in His Word and learning to praise Him in everything. Even if its only a few stolen moments while the kids are napping.

~Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...