Monday, July 8, 2013

Bickering in Marriage

Something I need to address, as I am sure that if I go through it so do others....bickering and arguing in marriage. This is something that must come to a HALT. It is ugly and foul. It does not glorify God...and everything we do needs to glorify God.
I realize this in my own marriage, that things arise, small things, things that should not even give pause for bickering...does indeed cause much bickering. It's almost as if there is an angry undercurrent steady at work and it has to be stopped. 

I pray for my marriage and also for the marriages of others who may also be battling with bickering and arguing. It starts within, we must realize when we allow ourselves to get worked up. We must ask ourselves is it worth our joy? It is worth grieving the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 4:25-32). NOTHING is worth grieving the Holy Spirit. Nothing is worth putting space between God's Spirit and ours. I ask that you join in me in prayer, in keeping our marriages, our spouses uplifted in prayer.

This is a prayer I was emailed (I am on a mailing list for the Unveiled Wife) :

Dear Lord,
I am so sorry for bickering with my husband again. Lately it seems as if any little thing sets us off and we argue about it. Most of the time it is nothing even worthy of fighting about. I am so sorry. I pray that we would be more mature and be more quick to show grace to each other. I pray that our hearts would be softened and that we would understand each situation that presents itself as a threat to our happiness. I pray for our faith to increase as well as our love for one another. Lord, the bickering needs to stop! Please intercede and show us how to apologize and reconcile in Jesus name AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...