Saturday, December 29, 2012

Books...Contributing...etc..

          Heyyy!!! Everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, ours was wonderful. I did cook this year...I made a roasted chicken, baked beans, corn on the cob, potato salad and I baked a couple sweet potato pies. I know its not quite Christmas-y but I wanted something different from what we had for Thanksgiving.

       So as of now I am still reviewing books. Right now I've got "Discerning the Voice of God" by Priscilla Shirer, Desperate by Sally Clarkson & Sarah Mae, Let it Go by Karen Ehman, and The Gospel of Yes by Mike Glenn. So my plate is really full. I've decided to just take my time with them. Discerning the Voice of God reads like a good conversation mixed with a bible study. So far it is helping me to change how I approach my prayer time. Then there is Desperate. Desperate is like that book for moms that I think every mom needs! It reminds that tough days will come, we will be weary, we will be exhausted, and instead of getting frustrated (as most of us, including myself, do) we need to really lean in & press into God's Grace.
        Recently I've decided to inquire about contributing to This Rookie Wife {http://thisrookiewife.blogspot.com/} and I'm pleased to announce that I will be a monthly contributor to This Rookie Wife. I'm beyond ecstatic as I will share more on marriage and parenting there. I do think I fit the rookie wife role. This is my first marriage (and only one, divorce is NOT an option), we've been married for 2 and a half years and we've got two children. I'm hoping to do my first post within the next week or so. Be on the lookout :)

     Homeschooling. Yes we are still homeschooling. We use the FL FVSFT system which allows us to homeschool at our pace while still satisfying Florida public school yearly requirements. I add in bible study daily and extra work when I see fit. The school system sends out ALL the materials needed for the school year (which is a BIG PLUS for frugal families like ours). We also have access to a homeroom teacher who calls once a month for an assessment to see how much Kaylee is learning. For us this is probably the best route to take with homeschooling Kaylee. I will most likely use the system when Caleb gets of age.


     Welp that's it for today folks! I hope you all have a blessed weekend and a Happy New Year!



~Love to you all
Kris Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...