Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Marriage and Family

Wow, lately I noticed that I have not been blogging as much as I used to nor be on Facebook or Twitter. Well I've been busy. Our daughter started kindergarten yesterday and she's home-schooled. Our son has become a supreme busy body, LOL. He climbs on everything, gets into everything, and is majorly fussy, molars are cutting in & an ear infection which he should be done with by the end of this week. Yay, mommy can sleep! I'm still finishing up my B.A. online, roughly 10 classes left! Yay me! I'm also helping my husband with his classes as well, I want him to excel and succeed in school. I am still reading and studying, adding in reading and praying with our children every day so that they can get in the habit of spending time with God daily.
OK. So enough about us.

I really decided to blog because last night I got a text message from a friend of mine {we've been friends for about 10 years now} and in reading her text I realized she was going through a situation with her husband in which I had put my husband through. Putting family before our marriage. Which is easily one the easiest mistakes to make, especially if you do not read regularly and have a relationship with God. It was not until I started to really read my bible and praying to God daily that I realized that I could not and would no longer put anyone or anything {other than the Lord} before my marriage. I no longer ran to my mom when we would be having problems, I turned to God and laid my problems at His feet. And as I am reading the text from her, I am saddened because I have made my spouse feel the way she is feeling. So I gave her the best advice I could which was to turn him and the situation over to God because even if she can't reach him, God can. 

That is one thing I want you to know. Your problems are only problems if you allow them to be. They can become stepping stones and/or messages for others. When it comes to your spouse, LISTEN and listen carefully. Even if you do not understand them, take the time to understand them and honor them. When you get married, your immediate family is your spouse and your children. Everyone else is secondary. Get your priorities in order. God is #1. After Him, comes your spouse then your children. Everything outside of that can fall in place however but usually your career/education is next on that list. 



For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. {Genesis 2:24 NIV}


^^^^^ 
It is this verse that lets us know how we are to treat our spouses. When you become one flesh, your care and love your spouse as you care for and love yourself. Your spouse is an extension of YOU. So if you are mistreating your spouse, you are actually mistreating yourself. Remember this during arguments. Remember this in every situation, especially those that affect your spouse. 

For me its if Chris is unhappy, Kris is unhappy. If Chris is hurting by something I did, I am hurting too. So we are BOTH learning to let go of the past and push to make the future better. In the 2 years that I have been married, I have learned that no one is more important than them who reside in my house, God, Chris, Kaylee, and Caleb. 

Don't worry, PRAY. Pray for yourself. Pray for your spouse. And entrust your marriage to GOD. Entrust your spouse to GOD. GOD made you and he/she so guess what? GOD knows exactly how to get your attention & theirs! He knows when you pull your coattails and slow you down. And best believe that GOD can do the same for your spouse, in HIS timing not yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...