Friday, April 20, 2012

Who are you?

I ask you, who are you?
How would you respond?
Would you tell me what you do for a living aka your professional title? Would you tell me your name? Would you tell me what you have done. I ask because when you read a person's bio, it normally serves to answer the question, who are you? However most people's bio tends to say what they do, what they've done, and what they are trying do. Rarely do you read a bio that clearly states who they are.

For example, who am I? I am Kristin. A child of God, an heir to the kingdom in heaven with Christ. That is who I am.

No where in there do you see me refer to job or my position at church. You do not see me refer to any gift I have received via Christ & the Spirit. Many time what you do and who you are get crossed and too closely intertwined. Many times you will notice the signs when what you do comes home with you at night. You notice it when what you do dictates how you interact with your family and friends.

I write this because I want people to embrace who they are and separate it from what they do. To fully understand who you are, you need to understand whose you are. When you know that you are a child of GOD. Then you can further define yourself and recognize your GOD given identity.

GOD gave you the life you live. Don't you think HE defined it as well. Be who GOD said you are. Not what you have decided to do. (Two entirely different things)

Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. (John 1:12)


And that is who you are, children of GOD.

I love you. More importantly, your Father in heave, GOD loves you.
~Kris

Who you are can be defined through Christ? Seek Him and allow Him to reveal who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...